Well, it’s just about travel time, friends. Hopefully all the shit ya hadta do is just about over, and all you have left is shit ya wanna do. Know what I mean? Me, I finished work for the holidays. I sent out the holiday mix to friends and family. All that’s left is fun stuff like cooking and baking and drinking and chatting and reminiscing. And traveling. Boo! And enjoying the xmas tree. Yay! I start to feel a little greedy this time of year, thinking, oh man! Only a little while longer to enjoy our tree! Here’s a good one for you guys today: Guster’s “Tiny Tree Christmas.”
We’ve had tiny Christmas trees. Tiny trees are always exceptionally cute.
So my getting close to Xmas to-do list is as follows.
1. Travel to St. Louis.
2. Watch Home Alone.
3. Watch Planes Trains and Automobiles.
4. Watch It’s A Wonderful Life.
5. Make and eat onion dip. Yep, traditional, suburban onion dip. Here’s an artfully shot pictorial of the main ingredient.
6. Make cookies with my mom.
7. Attempt my project: Pimp My Mom’s Cookies. Stay tuned to see if I get around to that. (see numbers 2-4).
9. Hang out with kittens named after characters from a John Hughes movie not mentioned in numbers 2 or 3.
10. Continue to test and re-test my theory that whiskey is great with both egg nog and hot chocolate.
How about you, friends? I do hope it’s beginning to look a lot like lazy time for all of you as well!